Friday, December 2, 2011

Essie As Gold As It Gets

LUXEFFECTS ARE HERE! I saw them in a couple stores over Thanksgiving break and did a little dance inside. I got four of the five-I passed on the silver hex glitter for now-and let me just say, they are AMAZING. I'm pleased that Essie didn't up the price on these either compared to their regular polishes, although I honestly would have been willing to pay a bit extra for these beauties. Essie really outdid themselves on these and I think they will be a big hit, so snatch them up if you see them!

The first one I have to show you is As Gold As It Gets, a gold flakie with bronze duochrome. There are different sizes and shapes of flakies in here, which give it an awesome multi-dimensional look. This is much cooler than just a coating of gold sparkle. It catches the light wonderfully and is just a lot of fun to look at. I will be showing you As Gold As It Gets over not one, but two polishes today! I suppose you could wear the Luxeffects polishes alone, but I think layering really brings them to life.

First, I layered one coat of As Gold As It Gets over one coat of Essie Bobbing For Baubles, which you can see alone HERE. As Gold As It Gets does cast a little bit of a milky sheen over the base polish, but it's very slight. Definitely click to enlarge so you can see this lovely polish up close! I took an excessive amount of pictures haha.








After wearing As Gold As It Gets over Bobbing For Baubles for a day, I decided to try it over something more complex. I chose the beautiful OPI Warm and Fozzie (swatches of it alone HERE). This is one coat of As Gold As It Gets over two of Warm and Fozzie.



Then one indoors with flash...
 And finally, a bottle shot to wrap things up...

 
Wow. Just wow. That's really all I need to say, aside from adding that it looks ten times better in person. The formula is amazing, the flakies are gorgeous and the price is right. I usually don't do much layering but this is seriously so beautiful. Love, love, LOVE this! :)

4 comments:

  1. I really like As Gold As It Gets. It's probably the only other one I want besides Shine Of The Times. I love that it's gold flakes, rather than a typical glitter. Love the combinations you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melissa

    That's defintely my favorite thing about this polish too. It has depth and variety, not just gold sparkle. I thought I'd like it, but after wearing it I really LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, I hope I can find these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Polish and Charms

    I've seen them at two Meijers and an Ulta so far. Both Meijers didn't have a slot in their display for Shine of the Times but had the other four. Ulta had all five with the old salon-style Essie bottles. I hope you find them soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.