Sunday, December 25, 2011

Comparison Post: Essie Mochacino Vs. Orly Nite Owl Vs. Butter London All Hail The Queen

Hahaha is that the longest post title you've ever seen or what? I don't do too many comparison posts because I really try to avoid dupes in my stash but recently I noticed I have three polishes that look eerily similar. Dun dun dun! So I decided to put them side-by-side and see if they really looked alike on the nail. I thought maybe this might be helpful to anyone out there who's had their eye on one of these polishes or wants to avoid dupes in their existing stash.

The contenders are, from left to right... Essie Mochacino, Orly Nite Owl, Butter London All Hail The Queen and then Nite Owl again on my pinky finger. I used three coats of Orly and Essie and two of Butter London.



Mochacino is just a touch darker than Nite Owl. They look even more similar in-person than they do in these shots. I wouldn't say they are 100% similar but still incredibly close, to the point where I'd say you don't need both. All Hail The Queen is visibly lighter than the other two and has a fine holographic shimmer, as opposed to the silver shimmer in the Essie and Orly. All Hail The Queen is definitely the most unique of the bunch.

If you're trying to choose between Mochacino and Nite Owl, I think Nite Owl's formula is less goopy than Mochacino's plus it costs a buck less, but honestly they're both great shades and extremely similar, so I guess it's a matter of your brand preference and whether you want to go a tad lighter (Nite Owl) or a tad darker (Mochacino).


You can check out individual swatches of these polishes by clicking the links below:
Hopefully this was helpful! If you celebrate it, Merry Christmas! :)

5 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks for the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, good to know! I suspected Mochachino would be darker than Nite Owl, but I hope it's darker enough to look good on me. :) Thanks for the comparison post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Mochacino but have the other two on my wish list. This comparison just saved me about $22! Thanks, Chelsea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rach: You're so welcome! I think Mochacino looks nicer on me personally so maybe you'll have the same experience since I know you were wary of Nite Owl not going well with your skintone.

    @Amanda: You're very welcome! Yay for cutting down on lemming lists! They are all beautiful but if you have Mochacino, in my opinion it's not worth shelling out for the other two.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.