Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Orly Nite Owl

Hey all! I hope you are enjoying your week so far. I realized the other day that it's been quite a while since I've featured an Orly polish on here so I decided to bust this one out since it's been on my untried list for a few months now. Nite Owl is a taupe polish with silver shimmer, very similar to Essie Mochacino (check it out HERE). The two polishes are virtually dupes (I've actually got a comparison coming up for you soon so you can see firsthand), so if you've already got Mochacino, you don't really need this one. Nite Owl came out as part of Orly's Fowl Play Collection and I still see it pretty frequently at Ulta. While the titular Fowl Play (swatches HERE) received most of the buzz from this collection, Nite Owl is a very nice shade as well.



Sorry about the vertical swatches. For whatever reason, Blogger did not want these uploaded horizontally. Anyways, the formula on Nite Owl was great. I used three coats since I still had a little patchiness in some spots with just two. This would make an excellent work-appropriate polish that you can still have some fun with. I tend to gravitate toward bright shades but when I do wear more neutral colors, I like them to have a little something extra to keep them from looking too bland. I think Fowl Play is still the true must-have from this collection but this makes a good second pick! I also kind of want Sweet Peacock now...

On a polish-related note, yesterday I received a wonderful nail mail gift from the lovely and very sweet Rach of stuff i (s)watched. I also got a surprise nail polish giftbag from my friend James yesterday too. So a super big thanks to both of them for being so thoughtful and for being total enablers! :) Yay! You will be seeing all of their generous gifts swatched on here in the very near future-they both nailed my taste exactly-but in the meantime, I promised I would post some new pictures of my Corgis as a little thank you to Rach. So here they are!


This is Natalie. She used to be a show dog before my family got her. But as you can see by this picture of Natalie passed out in my dad's lap while he watches a hockey game, she enjoys the retired life immensely now.

More Natalie!

Taxi, our first Corgi! We got Natalie when he was four (he's five now, Natalie is two) and they're actually half-siblings. His current obsession is the gas-heated fireplace in our living room, which he loves sleeping in front of.

So that was my brief Corgi intermission for the day. I hope you all don't mind. :) Thanks again to Rach and to James for their amazing gifts!

7 comments:

  1. I wanted this polish so badly because I like owls and Watchmen, but when I saw it, I decided it would look horrible on me. Imagine my horror when I realized I had Essie Mochachino! Looking forward to your comparison post, in that case.

    Oh my Cylon god. I want to snuggle with your dogs. They are ADORABLE. :3 Thank you for posting these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Polish and Charms: Thanks! They are super spoiled too. :)

    @Rach: This polish totally makes me think of Watchmen too! I think we are both pop culture junkies as well as polish addicts. I'll post the comparison in the next day or so--this is practically a dupe for Mochacino, it's sooooo close. And you're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dog-this polish reminds me of a lighter Cult Nails Power Thief. I also got a surprise package from Rach-she's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fingers: Thanks! Now that you mention it, I can see the similarities to Power Thief. And yes, Rach is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I must say that your dogs are adorable! Love corgis. Wish for one <3 LOL.

    Anyways on the other hand this color is a gorgeous nude with a beautiful slight micro glitter. Wish I had it... :(

    As well I am now a follower of yours!

    Check out my blog if you'd like:

    aphroditesnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Selene and Theia: Thanks! They are such a wonderful breed-so sweet and so adorable! If you can't find Nite Owl definitely check out Essie Mochacino to get basically the same look. Thanks for following! :) I followed you back as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.