Saturday, December 31, 2011

China Glaze Ultamate Holiday

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all have something fun planned for tonight. I saw "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" today and really loved it. I'm a fan of both the book and the Swedish version of the film so I'm happy to report that I found this version equally enjoyable. Rooney Mara isn't quite as badass as Noomi Rapace was in the original movie (That's okay though, few people are!) but she still does a good job as Lisbeth.

Anyways, today I've got another Ulta-exclusive China Glaze to show you: Ultamate Holiday! This is my current New Year's Eve mani and I think it's perfectly festive for the occasion. Ultamate Holiday is a gold glitter with a scattered holo effect.





This dries to a bit of a dull finish on its own but thankfully two coats of Out The Door topcoat solved that problem and didn't seem to diminish the holographic effect at all. Although this is obviously not a linear holo, the scattered holo sparkle is still quite strong in person. The formula on Ultamate Holiday is also really nice; this was two smooth coats. This polish is just gorgeous and it's great for when you want a little extra glitz. Definitely scoop this one-and in my opinion, all three of the polishes in this set-up while you still have the chance!

What's on your nails tonight?

6 comments:

  1. This is really nice! :D What a great holiday polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashesela: Thanks! I think so too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't WAIT to see girl with the dragon tattoo!! so excited.

    this polish looks so festive:] it's really unique too! i need to try to find this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah: I think you'll love it! I went in a little skeptical that it could live up to the Swedish version but I was very pleased with the movie-it's awesome! And yes, this polish is amazingly festive and fun! I wish it wasn't an Ulta exclusive so everyone who wants it could find it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fingers: Thank you! And Happy New Year to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.