Monday, December 5, 2011

Essie Shine Of The Times

So this is it, the big one: Shine Of The Times. Shine Of The Times is the one I was looking forward to most from Luxeffects and I'm guessing a lot of you probably feel the same way. If you're familiar with polishes like Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure or Nubar 2010, Shine Of The Times is pretty much a dupe for those. But since I don't have either, I was extremely excited to get my hands on this! Shine Of The Times is an iridescent flakie and the main colors that flash are orange, yellow, blue and green, but that description really doesn't convey how amazing this polish is. See for yourself and definitely click to enlarge! Gorgeous! Here I did one coat of Shine Of The Times over two coats of Essie Aruba Blue, with no topcoat over either color.






Then I went and took some pictures by my bathroom mirror, where the light is much more yellow-toned. I wanted to see if it would change up which colors came out to play under the light.




 And finally, a bottle shot.

This is one of those polishes you can just stare at forever. I think this will easily become the most popular of the Luxeffects polishes-and it's easy to see why! It's so beautiful! The formula was a touch thick but honestly, who could care when the results look like this? If you already have Hidden Treasure or 2010, you probably don't need Shine Of The Times, although it does seem to offer denser coverage than either of those two. But if you're looking to get a beyond awesome flakie polish, look no further. I cannot wait to try this over EVERYTHING!


Dear Essie, I like you. Do you like me too? Please check the "yes" or "no" box. XOXO, Chelsea.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a great combination! I love it! The flakes are absolutely beautiful. I really need to get my hand on a bottle of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this over the weekend! I don't have the Sally Hansen or Nubar either so I was very happy to snatch this one up at Ulta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I glad you all are equally as excited about this one. It's definitely a must-have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I looked for this collection but I haven't found it anywhere just yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.