Thursday, December 22, 2011

OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window

Let's get this out of the way: I hate the name. I know it was widely discussed and some people liked the humor of it but I think it's just kind of gross. Regardless, I still picked this one up and it's one of only two colors (the other being the fantastic Road House Blues, which you can see HERE) from the Touring America Collection, which overall I, along with many of you, was disappointed by. I still see a lot of fully stocked displays for it at Ulta and other suppliers. I think this polish was by far the most buzzed about shade of the bunch, probably because of its rather unique name.

Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window is a swampy army green creme. It's not super unique but I'm always drawn to colors like this one.


A lot of the bottles I saw of Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window, including the one I bought, have this weird, unmixed look to them. But despite how the polish appeared in the bottle, thankfully that didn't translate over to the nail and I had no problems with the formula or the consistency. I used two coats here.


If you're wondering how this compares to another swampy green from the fall collections, China Glaze Westside Warrior (swatches HERE), the OPI is lighter and at least on me, it leans a bit more yellow. They are not dupes. Personally, I prefer Westside Warrior and to be honest I'm not sure I like Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window as much as I thought I would. Maybe it's because I'm so crazy about Westside Warrior. Don't get me wrong, I still like Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window-it's a swamp green, of course I'll be happy with it-but I can see myself reaching for Westside Warrior more often than Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window. I just think it's a bit more flattering on my skintone. But I always heed the call of the swamp; I can't get enough of these murky greens.


For me, Road House Blues remains my one must-have from Touring America. I've worn it like four times since I bought it and I really just adore it. It's trendy, a little edgy and perpetually chic all at the same time. Plus it matches my favorite pair of jeans exactly!

Which polishes did you pick up from Touring America? Are there any hidden gems you think people may have passed up?

8 comments:

  1. hahaha, the call of the swamp.. i only picked up westside warrior, but i'm not sure if this would look better on me. oh well, i'm pretty happy with WW too:]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah: Yeah, it definitely depends on skintone. The OPI makes my hands look a bit yellowy, but maybe it would look beter on you. WW is a winner for sure though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I almost got this one yesterday but found it beeing a tad too yellow for my skintone. Now that I see your pictures I feel like checking it out again! A Taupe the Space Needle seems nice too. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I didn't pick up any of these colours. I had grabbed a couple from the fall China Glaze and Essie collections and was happy with those. This is a nice swampy colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name on this one-but got China Glaze Westside Warrior-since I'm not a huge OPI fan

    ReplyDelete
  6. @greeneyespinknails: I haven't! I waffled on that one for a while because it looked intriguing but I wasn't sure if it would look good on me or not. I'm considering picking up one more from Touring America so maybe I'll check that one out.

    @Ashesela: I really loved China Glaze's Metro Collection--I definitely got more from that than I did Touring America.

    @Fingers: I dunno, I appreciate that the name is unique but can't bring myself to like it. I love everything about Westside Warrior though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I know I hate the name as well. It's supposed to reference vomit? But all I think of is farting ... Not classy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @H: I can't decide which one it's supposed to be referencing; I've read people thinking it's either one. But regardless, just...gross haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.