Monday, December 12, 2011

China Glaze Spring 2012 Preview

So the other day I showed you China Glaze's recently announced early 2012 collections (which you can check out HERE) and now I've got the China Glaze spring collection previews for you!

The first one is Magnetix, a magnetic polish collection! I'm very excited that there'll be a more affordable magnetic polish collection, since I really want to try the Nails, Inc. and Layla Magneffect polishes but they're a bit pricey. The China Glaze Magnetix polishes should be coming out sometime in March. It looks like there will be three magnets available: stripes, chevron stripes and a star. Judging by this display promo, the magnets will be sold separate rather than having the magnets in the bottle tops like the Layla Magneffect and Nails, Inc. polishes are. No word yet if that means we'll have to pay for the magnets separately or if they'll come bundled with the polishes or what.



China Glaze's second spring collection is Electropop, a set of 11 new cremes and a re-promote of one of their older glitters, Techno. I'm not sure what the expected release date will be for Electropop.


(L to R: Techno, Aquadelic, Sunshine Pop, Gaga For Green, Make Some Noise, Wicked Style)

(L to R: Fuchsia Fanatic, Dance Baby, Electric Beat, Kinetic Candy, Sweet Hook, Gothic Lolita)

It was also finally confirmed with an official press release from China Glaze and Lionsgate this weekend that the China Glaze Hunger Games Collection WILL be happening despite some initial rumors of a lawsuit and the collection's cancellation. Yay! Unfortunately, according to this article, the original leaked colors we saw will no longer be used and official colors will be announced shortly. I really liked the leaks from before so I'm seriously hoping the new ones will be as cool. UPDATE: The colors for Hunger Games will be staying the same but the names and theme have changed. Check out the official preview HERE!

The official release date for the Hunger Games Collection is March 1, 2012. I just finished the first two books in the Hunger Games trilogy and I'm almost done with the third one so I'm extremely excited for this collection and for the movie! I love Jennifer Lawrence! Did anyone else see her in "Winter's Bone"? She's truly phenomenal in it.


Which collection are you anticipating the most? I'm sure I'll wind up with several polishes from all of them. I think 2012 is going to be an awesome year for us lacquerheads!

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Hunger Games! Thank you for the heads up on this news! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh!!! you made my day with the Hunger Games collection news!! I'm so excited. I hope I like these new colors as much as I liked the promo pics of the last ones... maybe I'll franken them haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome about The Hunger Games collection! I was really bummed out at the thought of it not happening. I have the books, but I haven't read them yet, but I think it's so cool that themed polishes are coming out. The promo pictures were awesome though, so I'm a little sad that some of the colors won't be the official ones, but I'm still very excited to see what the real ones look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how much the China Glaze Magnetics will be because I definitely want some, and I am also excited for the Hunger Games polishes (especially Electrify, its looks awesome) and of course the movies - Jennifer Lawrence looks so different than in Winter's Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kaley: I'm not sure if there'll be a price increase or not or what the deal will be with how they sell the magnets. And we are SOOO going to see the movie together!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.