Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review: Lush Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask

Continuing with my series on Lush's Fresh Face Masks, today we'll be checking out Cosmetic Warrior! Cosmetic Warrior is Lush's mask for oily, acne-prone skin. Lush designed this mask to fight blemishes, without stripping or disrupting skin's natural balance. It contains kaolin (deep cleansing), fresh green grapes (cleansing and cooling), free range eggs (contains Vitamin A to regulate sebum production), garlic (antiseptic), cornstarch (absorbs oil) and tea tree oil (antiseptic).

 Please pardon the terribly awkward hand pose above. I have no idea why I was holding the container like that, but it makes my hand look deformed.

One thing that has to be said about Cosmetic Warrior is that it stinks--literally. If you have a sensitive sniffer, this may not be the mask for you. It contains garlic and you know how potent that stuff smells. It's not the worst thing I've ever smelt, but I certainly don't salivate over the aroma like I do with the Cupcake mask. Cosmetic Warrior doesn't smell as much once I've put it on (or maybe I've just gotten used to the scent at that point) but I try to hold my breath a bit while I'm applying it so that I don't catch a big ol' whiff of garlic.The smell also doesn't linger after you wash the mask off, which is appreciated!

Smelliness aside, this mask works. If you need a reset button for oil and acne, then this is it. It de-greases and de-gunks like a champ! I like to think of this as an acne intervention. When I can tell things are about to take a turn for the worst, I bring out the big guns and let Cosmetic Warrior show blemishes who's boss. It's excellent for calming my skin down and reducing zits, without making my face feel dry or tight afterwards. It really takes the initial inflammation out of breakouts and zaps problem areas back into shape.

If this mask had a more pleasant aroma to it, I might give it the edge over Cupcake as my favorite Fresh Face Mask so far, but seeing as Cupcake is a great de-greaser and deep cleanser that also happens to smell like ooey-gooey chocolate-y goodness, it's kept the top spot for me!

A single Fresh Face Mask pot costs $6.95 and you can get about six to eight masks per pot, depending on how thickly you apply them, so it really is a great value. The masks need to be refrigerated because they contain fresh ingredients with no preservatives, so the only place you can buy them is in-store. The masks have a shelf life of three weeks and normally, I just use them until they start to look or smell "off," but since this particular mask contains eggs, I wouldn't mess around with the expiration date. 

5 comments:

  1. Great review!! :D Do you freeze any of your face masks? I do this for mine and for my Angels on Bare Skin, and it makes them last a really long time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did I never think of that?! That's an awesome idea, Ash! I'm totally going to do that next time I get a mask! I've only start to go bad on me before I could use it all up (BB Seaweed) but I would definitely like them to last longer!

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to like this one, but the smell got to me. I can smell it the whole time it is on my face, causing me to take it off after only a few minutes. I do like what it does for my skin, but with all the other ones that Lush offers, I don't think I'll be buying Cosmetic Warrior again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the smell is not the easiest thing to get over. The first time one of the salesgirls showed me this mask, I took one sniff and was like, "Nope, not doing that at all!" It took me a while to be willing to even try it. I dunno if I'll be buying this one again or not. It works really well but it's hard for me to choose delicious Cupcake over stinky Cosmetic Warrior. :-/

      Delete
  3. lol it sounds like a great mask to use to reset your face :D I don't know about the smell, but if it works, I might not mind....? haha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.