Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Butter London The Black Knight

From the minute I saw the preview picture of The Black Knight, I knew I had to have it. So when I saw this in a two-pack at Ulta (I got the duo that also had the lovely irridescent glitter Tart With A Heart, but there was also the option of buying it with a purple-y pink chrome polish called Fairy Lights) a few weeks back, I was elated!

The Black Knight is a black jelly base filled with small round glitter in a multitude of colors: blue, magenta, red and some very fine gold microglitter as well. It's part of Butter's limited edition holiday trio so get it while you can if you like this one!






I used three coats for this mani and I think next time I might put a black creme underneath just to save more of my precious Butter! :) The formula for The Black Knight was thick and maybe could benefit from a drop or two of thinner next time I wear it. Like most glitterbombs, The Black Knight also dries quite gritty and eats topcoat. You would definitely need two coats of topcoat to even everything out, but I left it at one since a bit of grit doesn't bother me too much.

To me, this is the definite standout from Butter's holiday offerings, although I think all three polishes look lovely and can't wait to try Heart With A Tart as well. I like that The Black Knight is something different and unique as far as holiday glitters go. It's still festive but with a bit of a twist thanks to the black jelly base. Butter never lets me down! :)

7 comments:

  1. I really like this! I don't have any Butter London's but this would be my top choice from them if I were to get one. I love the combination of colors that they used. I don't think I've ever seen a color like it before, especially released during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this polish! If I can ever afford to buy a Butter London, this will be it. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glitterrrrrrrrrrrrr. love. i tried to frankendupe this one, not sure if it was entirely successful haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty! I want this one and No More Waity Katie but I keep hearing about the grit. But wow, it really is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy you all like this one as much as I do, it really is a beautiful polish!

    @Melissa and @Sarah: This would make a great start to a Butter collection! I believe they're having a 30% off sale on their website right now so that might be worth checking out!

    @SeeSarahSwatch: I was going to try frankenduping this too but just broke down and bought the real thing haha.

    @Amanda: I have No More Waity Katie and LOVE it! I really don't know why I read so many complaints about the grit/formula for that polish in other reviews; my bottle was just fine. :) Maybe I got lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and cool nail polish and glittering shine.............

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.