Friday, December 30, 2011

Liebster Blog Award & Glitter In Their Veins Badge Featuring Nicole By OPI Kendall On The Katwalk

The lovely Anne of grape fizz nails has nominated me for the Glitter In Their Veins Badge and the marvelous Amber of Nails Like Lace nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! Thank you so much, Anne and Amber! :)




You may remember that when Amanda of Amandalandish, the creator of the Glitter In Their Veins Badge, first gave me it, I showed you all my favorite glitter, OPI Absolutely Alice (take a look HERE, if you like). Last time, I was a dummy and forgot to nominate any fellow "glitterati" for this badge. So this time I'm going to make amends by inviting any of you self-proclaimed "glitterati" to join in by posting this badge and sharing your favorite glitters on your own blogs! :)

Now onto some glittery goodness! Since I've already shared my all-time favorite glitter for this award, I thought I'd bust out another one of my favorites: Nicole by OPI Kendall on the Katwalk. Despite the obnoxious Kardashian "spelling," Kendall on the Katwalk is seriously amazing. From the second I saw swatches of this beauty, I just knew I had to have it! The base is a sheer blue shade and the dominant glitter color is blue, but there's also green and purple in the mix as well. Something about this one reminds me of Mardi Gras. Am I the only one?





This is just too pretty! The color combination is very eye-catching and gives this polish some interesting depth. I used three coats here and after two days of wearing this to work, I only had one little chip on my right index finger. I was kind of determined not to like these Kardashian polishes but I must admit, of the three I got, I really loved them all. There's something for everyone in the bunch. This one is probably my favorite though.

Oddly enough, I saw some of the Kardashian polishes at Target the other day. Weren't these supposed to be Walmart exclusives? Regardless, that's good news if you missed out on these the first time around. They didn't appear to have the whole set-Kendall on the Katwalk was one of the absent ones-so I'm not sure if my Target was simply sold out of some or they'll only be carrying a partial selection. Have you seen these popping up at your local Target-or somewhere else besides Walmart?

5 comments:

  1. This glitter polish is beautiful! It reminds me of mermaids and peacocks. I haven't been able to get any from the collection. The display at my Walmart a few weeks ago was completely picked over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melissa: Mermaids and peacocks-I love that! :) Hopefully your nearest Target will have some of the ones you want from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! :D Also, that glitter is fantastic! So pretty. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't live near a Walmart so if I saw these at Target, I would freak. As much as I don't like the Kardashians, I really like all the cremes. On eBay they're going for over $150 for the set, so I'm hoping these show up at my local Target.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ashesela: Thank you! I think this glitter is really the standout of the entire set, it's such a beauty!

    @Amanda: I found this on one of the endcaps of one of the cosmetic aisles-they had a little display for them and everything-so that makes me think this (hopefully) wasn't a fluke. $150?! That's ridiculous! I hope you get lucky and find some of these!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.