Friday, December 23, 2011

OPI Did It On 'Em

I've really been looking forward to OPI's latest collection, a collaboration with Nicki Minaj. She's one of the few rappers I actually like and the colors looked really awesome. I picked up everything except the Super Bass purple shatter; it just didn't call to me. First up I've got Did It On 'Em to show you. It's a bright chartreuse creme. This isn't so much a dupe of OPI Who The Shrek Are You? from the Shrek Collection as it is a combination of that shade and another Shrek polish, Fiercely Fiona. It falls somewhere between the two shades on the color spectrum. Right away I can tell Did It On 'Em is going to be a love it or hate it kind of polish but personally I love to wear shades like this!




So cool! It leans more yellow or green depending on your lighting. Sorry for the shadows in the last pic. I was trying to show off Did It On 'Em's yellow side and this is the lighting in my bathroom that made that show up on camera haha. I used three coats here and the formula was on the streaky side, although it self-levels fairly well. I can't get enough of shades like this, so my experience with the OPI Nicki Minaj Collection is off to a good start! I'll keep on showing you the rest in the next several days!

Which polishes are you most excited for from the Nicki Minaj Collection? Have you seen it in stores near you yet? (I bought mine from an etailer.)

13 comments:

  1. I really want this color! I love how bright it is. The collection does seem kind of dupey to Shrek but I don't have any of those colors so I really don't mind. I mostly want all of the shades, mainly Pink Friday, Metallic 4 Life, and this one the most. I didn't even know these were available yet, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melissa: This is definitely one to get if you don't have anything from Shrek, it's so bright and eye-catching! I know a couple people have seen them in stores but I haven't so far. I got mine from an etailer called Nail de Royale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought the collection last week & this one came as a mini which i liked because im not a fan . lol and then to top it off i couldnt get accurate pictures so i disliked it even more. ! hahhaa.. looks so pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maria: Thanks! I saw you got the minis set, I was tempted by it but decided to go for the full sizes. It is surprisingly tough to photograph, it kept wanting to look super yellow in my pics. And it was you who told me that Nail de Royale had the collection in stock, so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I used to have Who the Shrek Are You, and it looked awful with my skin tone. I'm going to steer clear of this, but it looks awesome on you. I'm excited about the pink shade from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I don't know how this would look on me because I don't have anything like it. I love this new collection, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!! I ordered these and are sitting in my local post office I can't get them until tomorrow, and I saw your swatch and it made me want them even more. LOL. I really think that this is a super cool color and it looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the only one I'm getting is metallic for life, the cremes aren't doing it for me haha. this shade looks great on you, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kirsten: Thanks! I think I'm going to wear Pink Friday when my relatives come over for Christmas. I don't think they'd "get" the color of Did It On 'Em hahaha. Did It On 'Em is a bit more yellow than Shrek but yeah, probably not different enough to change your mind if you didn't like Shrek on you. :/

    @Sarah: Thanks! I'm loving this collection too and I'm eager to try them all.

    @Nory: Thank you! That's such torture when you know you have a package you want that's waiting for you! My RBL pre-order is sitting at my college apartment right now where I can't get it!

    @Sarah: The glitters definitely look cool. Metallic For Life kind of reminds me of an edgy version of Crown Me Already, which has me very excited to wear it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really? that was super fast then! you really did order them! hahhaa , im so glad i helped you :D <3 && yes every time i took a picture my camera just wanted to make it a neon so i gave up, i dont like to fight .hahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wellll, since you say it's not a dupe for WTSAY?, then I may have to look into this one. Why, OPI? WHYYYYY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Maria: Yes, of course I ordered them! :) I couldn't resist grabbing them ASAP. Thank you! <3

    @Rach: I knnnowwww! I was like, "Well they're close but NOT THE SAME! I need them both now!" OPI is crafty like that.

    @Emilie: Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.