Sunday, November 20, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award!

I got my very first blog award(s)! The lovely Amanda at Amandalandish and the wonderful Meredith at Polish and Charms have nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks, girls! <3 Be sure to check out their blogs too-both are great and I have them on my blogroll so you guys can keep up with them!



So as part of this award, I have to tell you seven things about myself and then nominate 15 other bloggers for this award! Here goes...

1. I have two Corgis named Taxi and Natalie (She's named after Natalie Wood and it was the name she came with from being a former show dog. I know, it's a weird name for a dog but my mom likes Natalie Wood and wouldn't let my dad and I pick another name haha.) They are half-siblings and share the same dad, who is, ridiculously enough, named Bernard.

Taxi (Baby Taxi is my user pic.)

Natalie

2. I played violin for nine years, from elementary school through the end of high school. I wish I still had time for it in college! My favorite composer is Tchaikovsky.

3. I really love video games-and I have the carpal tunnel to prove it. I've got an Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii with me up at college, plus some older consoles back home. My all-time favorite game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64. Some of my favorite games from the current generation are Mass Effect 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, the Dragon Age series and the Uncharted series.

4. I have several celebrity crushes but one of the biggest ones is Timothy Olyphant, especially on "Justified." His character on that show is basically my perfect man-and "Justified" is ridiculously well-written too, so check it out if you get a chance. In the meantime, I think I'll just leave these here...




5. My first job was at an ice cream place that's been open since the 1950s and still keeps the whole 50s throwback theme going. I worked there for five years and as a result, I can tell you not only everything you'd (n)ever want to know about ice cream but also about 50s and 60s pop music, because that's all we were allowed to play on the in-store radio.

6. I'm physically incapable of standing still when I'm on the phone. I'm one of those people who'll walk around in aimless, repetitive circles because I feel really fidgety if I just stand there.


7. I'm a huge night owl. I frequently stay up until 5:00 in the morning, sometimes just because I feel like it and even if I have to get up early the next day. I would say it's just how my body's wired, but ironically I also really, really enjoy sleeping. I usually wake up feeling like garbage and vow to go to bed early that night, then promptly forget that idea and do the whole thing again.

Hopefully that wasn't too dreadfully boring. Now I get to nominate 15 great ladies for this award as well! There are so many nail blogs I love, but in this case, I choose:
1. See Sarah Swatch
2. The Polished Panda
3. Top Coat It
4. Once Bitten
5. Stuff I (S)watched
6. Scrangie
7. ChitChat Nails
8. The Polishaholic
9. Swatch And Learn
10. Nails Made Simple
11. Vampy Varnish
12. Polished Prisms
13. Fashion Polish
14. Let Them Have Polish!
15. Greeneyespinknails


Thanks again to Amanda and Meredith! I am so happy that you both thought of me for this! :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm a night owl too! (but b/c the fiance is on the night shift and not home till 3 am) He's the gamer, but I do recognize those games...Red Dead is my fav lol. And you're welcome! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you off of Amanda's blog, and I'm glad I did. I look forward to seeing more of your swatches, they are great! Your dogs are SO adorable, seriously!!! I love the names too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Polish and Charms: I seriously just feel more productive at night, although I couldn't say why. That's sweet that you stay up late to see your fiance! And I love me some Red Dead. :)

    @HaulOfFame: Thanks for reading!! It was really tempting not to post more Corgi spam, they are so cute! Natalie's name took a while to grow on me but now I think it suits her. I originally wanted to name her Harlow but I was shot down haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks Chelsea! I'll have to post up my award tonight, you're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're dogs are so cute!! im such a dog lover that i cant help but say AWWWWW out loud .lol

    thanks for passing along the award! i've been nominated already so i dont want to bore you all again with my 7 facts .lol thank you though <3<3 the thought of you thinking of my blog just makes me smile from ear to ear! thanks doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Maria

    I can't wait to see my doggies when I go home for Thanksgiving break tomorrow night! And you're more than welcome for the nomination! I figured some of the girls on the list would have already been nominated for the award at one point, but I decided to go with them anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chelsea, thank you for the tag! You might have to remind me to do it. ;) And keep the corgi pictures coming ... I can't get enough of them. :) I'm such a night owl, too -- it was bad in college, and it was extra horrible when I worked night shift at my first job out of college. I worked 3-11:30p and I would frequently stay up/out because I could!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rach

    You're so welcome! And no pressure about doing it haha. I need to take some more Corgi pics while I am home this weekend. Right now they are laying on the couch and I'm going to go watch hockey with them. They are such bums haha. I've been a night owl all my life for no good reason. It's just fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.