Tuesday, November 22, 2011

OPI Tease-y Does It!

Happy Tuesday! I get to go home for Thanksgiving break tonight and I'm quite excited, even if I'll be spending most of it working and writing papers.

This polish got quite a bit of buzz when it came out last year as part of OPI's buzz collection, but I didn't pick it up until quite recently. Tease-y Does It! is a purple-y brown base with a duochrome shimmer that can flash magenta or gold, depending on your lighting. This is a stellar vampy shimmer for fall!




Anything with too much brown in it tends to make my skin color look like a jaundiced ghost, but thankfully I didn't have that problem here since there's enough of a purple tint to the base that it looks more maroon than brown. I was a bit cautious about this polish at first, because I was afraid it would look muddy on the nail (creating the aforementioned ghost effect) and that the shimmer would get lost in the base. But the shimmer really comes through quite beautifully! The formula was a bit on the runny side but I managed to still keep this polish in check with minimal clean-up afterwards. I used two coats here.

Overall, I'm very happy with this one! It's always nice when you wind up liking a polish you weren't sure you could pull off. But please OPI, for the sake of all that is holy, stop putting so many exclamation points in your polish names.

4 comments:

  1. so pretty.. & bahaha, so true about the exclamation points. oh, OPI.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color has been on my wish list for awhile now. This is how fall colors should be done. I heart this so much...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This color is amazing :) and also the template is so cool! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.