Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Essie Cocktail Bling

So the Essie Cocktail Bling Collection has made its way to a Walgreens near me-and it, along with the rest of their Essie polishes, was on sale, too! Score! I picked up Cocktail Bling and School of Hard Rocks. Overall I think this collection is more my taste than Brand New Bag was. As you may recall though, I adored the only polish I got from that collection: Power Clutch (swatches HERE).

Today I've got Cocktail Bling to show you. This is either a greyed out blue or a bluish grey-take your pick haha. It maybe reads a little pale purple in some lights too. Personally I can't decide but if I had to pick I'd say it's more grey and so she lives with the grey polishes in my stash. What color would you say she is?



The formula was very nice. I used two easy coats here. I mentioned in my post for Power Clutch that the Essie brush is really growing on me and I still feel that's true; it's small so it takes some getting used to but it makes for very precise and easy application.  I appreciate that this color is a little bit different for a holiday collection, where we usually see lots of reds and greens. To help give this manicure some real bling, I decided to also add an accent nail on each hand with a single coat of OPI DS Coronation. I really like this combo!



If you're familiar with the format of Essie's retail collections, then you know there are usually six colors: four that are easy to find and two that seem to be carried less often. Based on the display at Walgreens, it looks like Cocktail Bling, Bobbing for Baubles, Size Matters and School of Hard Rocks will be the easily obtained ones, while Brooch the Subject and Bangle Jangle may require a bit more sleuthing. I have seen all six at my local Target though.

Have you snagged any colors yet from the Cocktail Bling Collection? I'd love to hear what some of your favorite Essies are! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.