Thursday, November 3, 2011

Butter London All Hail The Queen

I've only shown you all about half of my Butter stash so I thought I'd share another one today! All Hail The Queen is  a light taupe polish with subtle holographic shimmer. You may also know this polish by its original name: All Hail McQueen after the late, great designer Alexander McQueen. I really wish I had one of the bottles with the original name since Alexander McQueen is one of my favorite designers. I am lucky enough to own an Alexander McQueen dress, which I bought from work and now consider the crown jewel of my wardrobe. But I guess re-naming a polish for Queen Elizabeth is alright too. Fun fact: Did you know the only polish Queen Elizabeth will wear is Essie Ballet Slippers? It's true!


Anyways, I would hesitate to call All Hail The Queen truly holographic. There's no linear holo effect here, but rather a very soft-albeit visible-holographic shimmer. You could easily wear this polish to work because the shimmer is not loud or attention-grabbing. All Hail The Queen reminds me a lot of Essie Mochacino (swatches HERE): a nice neutral shade with a little something extra. (However, Mochacino is darker and its silver shimmer doesn't have any holo to it.) I didn't wear a topcoat here because I didn't want to dull the holographic effect. Feel free to enlarge these babies to really see the glitter!





I took these pictures indoors with flash so you all could get a better look at the holographic shimmer in this polish. I used three coats here and the formula was a bit on the runny side. I know a lot of people hate on the formula for another Butter London polish, No More Waity, Katie (see her gorgeousness for yourself HERE) but I honestly think All Hail The Queen gave me a harder time than Katie. Neither polish has a bad formula overall though, in my opinion. For the record, I truly love them both!


I don't turn to neutral polishes a whole lot, but when I do I usually like it if they have a little extra kick to them. If you're the same way or if you maybe want a work-appropriate polish with a fun twist, give All Hail The Queen a try. I've seen it as one of the polishes sold in $30 three packs at Ulta so if you want to snag this polish and start (or add to) your Butter London collection in the process, you can't beat the price. All Hail The Queen retails for $14 individually. I got mine in the Butter BOGO sale Ulta had a while back. Regular Ulta coupons don't apply to Butter polishes, so you should snag deals on these whenever you see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.