Sunday, November 27, 2011

China Glaze Marry A Millionaire

By now, you obviously know that I am a polish addict but I'm also a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe. I have many of her movies and lots of little Marilyn-themed trinkets. I think she was a talented actress and an incredible beauty, both inside and out. So when China Glaze announced that she was the inspiration for their holiday glitters (another one of my favorite things!), I just knew I had to have them-as if I needed a reason haha. I got four of the six from this set-I passed on Material Girl and Blonde Bombshell, for the timebeing at least-and the first I have to show you is Marry A Millionaire.

Marry A Millionaire is a crazy mix of different glitter colors and shapes; you won't find another polish out there quite like this one. There's something kind of Mardi Gras about the combotionation of colors in Mary A Millionaire. It's so fun! There's dark and light purple round glitter and then multichrome bar glitter that shifts from gold to blue to green. My friend Kaley layered her Marry A Millionaire over grey, I knew I had to try it too! So thanks to her for the inspiration! I chose one of my favorite greys, Essie Power Clutch (swatches HERE) as my base. I am so in love with how this combo turned out! I think having a darker color underneath really brings out the various glitters in Marry A Millionaire and gives the colors that extra pop.



Marry A Millionaire's formula is perfection. I used one coat of it over two coats of Power Clutch. Both the round and bar glitter were very cooperative and I didn't experience any dragging with either. Marry A Millionaire also has excellent opacity; this is not one of those glitters you have to wear only as a topcoat. You could easily wear this alone and would probably get full coverage with two coats-maybe a third for good measure. I may try it by itself sometime as well-or find more fun layering combos! Too many possibilities...

Also, if you're in the mood for a fun girls' night movie, check out this polish's namesake, 1953's "How To Marry A Millionaire" with pin-up icon Betty Grable, the painfully gorgeous Lauren Bacall (one of my favorite actresses ever) and of course, Marilyn! It's a comedy about three gold diggers searching for rich husbands. Marilyn plays a near-sighted girl who refuses to wear her glasses around eligible men, leading to a number of comedic mishaps for her character. She didn't consider this film one of her best but it's still a fun fluff piece that doesn't take itself too seriously.

3 comments:

  1. I bought two of the Eye Candy Glitters and Marry A Millionaire is one of them. Can't wait to try it on, looks gorgeous layered over grey! I will try to wear it solo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sabine

    I think next time I will try it solo. I would love to see your swatches when you try this one out! Judging by our blogs, you and I seem to have similar tastes, so I think you'll be very happy with Marry A Millionaire! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.