Monday, November 7, 2011

Nicole By OPI Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam

So the new Kardashian Kolors set from Nicole by OPI popped up at my local Wal-Mart recently. This collection is a Wal-Mart exclusive, so I had to brave the horrors of Wal-Mart for these pretties haha. Fortunately/unfortunately, I didn't see anyone worthy of the hilarious website "People of Wal-Mart." This collection had its own cardboard display set up away from the other polishes.

I'm not really a fan of the Kardashians but I must admit this collection has some pretty polishes in it and there's a lot of variety. My friend and I were joking the other day though: Why doesn't Bruce Jenner get his own polish in this set?! Haha, anyways, I probably would have gotten a few more polishes if I wasn't on a budget right now. But as it stands, I picked up three colors from the collection and the first I have to show you is Khole Had A Little Lam Lam. OPI describes this shade as "deep emerald" but I would say it's more like a dark teal. It can read more green or more blue, depending on the light. Either way, it's very pretty.



I really, really like this! The formula was awesome too. It's practically a one-coater but I used two just out of habit. Although this color is dark, it doesn't read as black on the nail and you can still see the greenish-blue tint coming through. I know some people like near-black shades but I really don't. If I wanted a polish to look black, I'd just wear black. So it's a plus in my book that this polish gives you some vamp without sacrificing color. I don't typically associate teal with sophistication, but I think there is is something very chic and grown up about this shade. Dare I say a Kardashian product is...classy? Or is it "klassy"? ;)

2 comments:

  1. i really love this color. i did NOT want to like these kardashian colors..... but they're so prettyyyy. dang it, opi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SeeSarahSwatch

    I was the same way! I was determined to hate the entire collection but I saw it in person and it really does have a lot of pretty polishes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.