Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Deborah Lippmann Forget You Franken: Why So Serious?

A little while ago, I showed you my first attempt at frankening: a Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop copycat that I dubbed Barbie Puke (swatches HERE). I decided to use the remaining half of my bottle of Milani FX Gems left over from Barbie Puke to try and make a franken of another Deborah Lippmann polish, Forget You. I think it may have turned out even better than Barbie Puke! Introducing... Why So Serious?




Why So Serious? is a black jelly with multi-colored hexagon and round glitter. I used two coats for this manicure. Making this polish is so easy that it's not even funny. I used:
  • Milani FX Gems (bottle around 60% full)
  • Wet N Wild Black Creme
I poured Wet N Wild Black Creme into my Milani FX Gems bottle until it was filled. (If you try this yourself, remember to leave room for when you put the brush back in!) Then I shook it all up until the black polish mixed with the clear base of Milani FX Gems. Then you're done! Ridiculously easy, right? If a franken newbie like me can pull it off, then anyone can do it.

Why So Serious? squashed my lemming for Forget You, which was nowhere near as strong as my desire for Candy Shop. Why So Serious? is closer to Forget You than Barbie Puke is to Candy Shop, but I'm still proud of both my creations. Frankening is fun! Have you tried it before?

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, i love the name for this! & such a good job, it looks just like it:]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good! Love the name! I am still experimenting with frankening, but have yet to make a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, I'm glad you like it! I'm not ambitious/confident enough to try and make my own colors yet; I've just sticked to trying to emulate other polishes out there I want. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.