Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie

Ah, the mythical Scrangie. For a while, this beauty was discontinued and you could really only get it by paying a very pretty penny for it on Ebay. Thankfully, it is now available again on the Rescue Beauty Lounge website as part of their limited edition Bring It Back series and I finally snagged a bottle for myself!

Scrangie is named for and co-created by the (in my opinion) queen of nail blogging, Scrangie! Her kickass blog was one of my biggest inspirations for starting up a little nail blog of my own. :) Scrangie is a purple polish with the most mesmerizing iridescent shimmer which shifts from blue to green. Her inspiration for this shade was a beetle's wing. Let's take a look!



 
This polish is to die for. The shimmer in this one just looks so vibrant and alive. It really is something else and photos don't do it any justice! It looks so stunning in person. The formula is also perfect; one of the very best I've ever used. It spread smoothly, evenly and precisely across the nail. Everyone always raves about Rescue Beauty Lounge's formulas and now I see why. Even my right hand, which usually looks like a Jackson Pollack painting after I'm done doing a mani, looks pretty tidy!

I did three coats here but you could probably get away with two if you're not super picky about opacity like I am. As you can see though, I did get some shrinkage from my Seche Vite topcoat. I've heard RBL polishes and Seche don't play nicely together, so maybe I'll have to try another topcoat next time.

8 comments:

  1. This color is gorgeous! I really love purples, so it's definitely calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Rescue Beauty Lounge wasn't so expensive. I always spend so long on their website only to tell myself "no". This color is amazing though. I knew I recognized the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa: It's even better in person! It's definitely an investment polish but I'm so pleased with it.

    @Kirsten: Ack, I know! I would own like all their polishes if they weren't so costly. I spent forever waffling but when I saw they were bringing back some of these older polishes like Scrangie that I'd lusted over before, I took the plunge. I'm happy even if my wallet is not haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Scrangie is beautiful on you! I've got to dust mine off one of these days. Oy vey ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. great choice! i got Anne from their BIB series, but i definitely waffled on this one for a while

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rach: Thanks! I can definitely see myself wearing this one a lot.


    @SeeSarahSwatch: I got Anne too! I also got Orbis Non Sufficit. I'm so excited to try the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got this for myself. RBL is my all time fave brand and i own WAY too many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally got this for myself and a back-up also!!I have the Golden Rose 46 and thats been DC so im so glad these are my first RBLs.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.