Saturday, November 19, 2011

Essie School of Hard Rocks

This is probably the polish I was most excited about from Essie's Cocktail Bling Collection: School of Hard Rocks. Essie describes School of Hard Rocks as a "midnight malachite" and I'd say that's the perfect description. It's a blue-leaning green and like the other polishes in this set, it's also got a dusty look to it.




Sorry my nail shapes are all wonky. I cut them down the other day because they were getting a bit too long for my personal taste and I haven't had time to really shape everything out the way I want it yet.

Anyways, School of Hard Rocks has a spectacular formula. It covered easily in two coats and even with my shorter nails, I didn't really have to do any clean-up. School of Hard Rocks isn't what I'd call a true green, but this is a nice way to do green if you don't like super bright shades or you don't want to venture into astroturf colors. (If that is your thing though, check out Essie Pretty Edgy. Personally I like all types of greens!)

I hope Essie keeps up with doing interesting shades like this one. I can really only think of four other greens in the entire Essie line: the aforementioned Pretty Edgy, Sew Psyched, the near-impossible to find Greenport and Going Incognito. Maybe there are one or two more out there-if you know of any, please be sure to share-but that's still a serious lack of greens, if you ask me. As you may already know though, I like the Cocktail Bling collection much more than I probably have any right to. Yes, they're all cremes and yes, I want need Luxeffects but this is a great little collection to keep me happy in the meantime.

8 comments:

  1. I have this and just love it! Just found your blog- am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fingers Thanks for following! I love this one too, I don't have anything quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is similar enough to my Sephora Ocean Love Potion that I might not need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kelly M.

    I don't have Ocean Love Potion but from pictures they do look pretty similar. School of Hard Rocks seems to lean a bit more blue but I'd agree you probably don't need this if you already have the Sephora by OPI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of my favorites from this collection. i like the shorter nails on you, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SeeSarahSwatch

    Thanks! It's funny how I really wanted my nails longer but then once they grew for a while I started to realize it wasn't practical for me. I think a medium length is a nice compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had this color for weeks and I just got to finally try it tonight. I loved the color in the bottle as soon as I saw the promo ad. And when I got it on my nails, I loved it even more! Your description of the shade is perfect .. "dusty". I love the formula too. It's watery but, controllable and creamy but opaque enough that if you're careful, you can get away with 1 coat. I love it .. I don't know why I waited for so long to wear it. I also have Bobbing for Baubles from this collection and I love that one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kellie: This polish is definitely awesome! I love Bobbing For Baubles too! I think both are just perfect cremes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.