Friday, November 18, 2011

Studio M Covered In Diamonds

I may have squealed a little bit when I put this polish on for the first time. It had caught my eye a couple times at Meijer and finally I decided to take it home with me. After putting it on, I can say that this was three dollars well spent! Covered In Diamonds is a clear base filled with different-sized iridescent flakies. Since the base is clear, I decided to layer one coat of Covered In Diamonds over two coats of Wet N Wild Black Creme to really bring those flakies to life. The results were stunning!




Pictures do this polish no justice. None. Zero. These flakies are so incredibly vivid and shift colors so beautifully in the light.  They are different colors, sizes and thicknesses, making for a really mesmerizing and complex effect. I seriously think it is one of the most beautiful flakies I own and I can see my love for it growing even more as I try layering it over different colors. This is a polish you really just have to see for yourself to know how beautiful it truly is!

At three dollars, Covered In Diamonds is a total steal. If you don't have access to Studio M polishes, they are made by the same folks who do Color Club, so there's a Color Club version of this as well that I believe is the exact same thing.

If I had to point out something I don't like about Covered In Diamonds, it's that that it dries really lumpy because of how large some of the flakies are. I kind of had to pat down the larger flakies a bit with my brush and then I needed two coats of Seche Vite, as opposed to my usual one, to smooth out the texture. But honestly, I'm willing to do the extra bit of work when the results are as drool-worthy as this.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to let you know I am passing on the Versatile Blogger Award onto you! I will be posting about it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Polish and Charms

    Aww, thank you very much! I'm honored you thought of me. :) I'll have to start thinking of who I want to pass it on to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! I have SUCH a lemming for flakies right now and I wish I had this gorgeousness! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hannah

    It looks SO much more beautiful in person. I wore this to the library when I was studying and I kept looking at it haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.