Thursday, October 13, 2011

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

I know I've shown you this one before, but I felt like wearing it today so I figured it wouldn't hurt to showcase it again. Facets of Fuchsia has received a lot of  attention, mostly because it's a dead-on dupe for Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance. I don't have Bad Romance in my collection to show you as a comparison (I wanted it but then saw this and figured there's no reason to own both), but from pictures I've seen these two are one and the same-except Revlon will set you back about $4 compared to Deborah Lippmann's $18!

Facets of Fuchsia is a black jelly with round and hexagon fuchsia glitter. I wore it without a topcoat this time because it actually has a good deal of shine on its own. Plus for a glitter, there isn't a whole lot of grit to this one. I used three coats for these shots but you could do less if you layered a black polish underneath.

 (Revlon Facets of Fuchsia, three coats)





The formula on this is extremely cooperative. The larger glitter pieces gave me no trouble and everything went where I wanted it to. This polish also dries really quickly. At first I think Blue Mosaic (swatches HERE) was my favorite from the Expressionists Collection but now I'm definitely feeling Facets of Fuchsia more. I can see why it's getting a lot of hype and for four bucks, I think it's totally worth it. I will probably wind up getting a back-up of this one!

Fun fact: My original post for Facets of Fuchsia is the most popular post I've ever done for this blog...despite the fact I think the old pictures I took of it look like utter crap. :-/ I feel like I still have a lot to learn about swatching techniques but I like to think I'm improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.