Saturday, October 15, 2011

L'Oreal Owl's Night

Owl's Night is part of the new L'Oreal Project Runway collection and my first L'Oreal polish. This polish seems to be getting quite a bit of buzz on the blogs right now and when I saw it at the store a few weeks back I decided to give it a try. Owl's Night is a brown base with gold shimmer. The shimmer seems to have a bit of duochrome in it, because from certain angles it looked like a murky green to me.


 (L'Oreal Owl's Night, two coats plus one topcoat)



I've worn this polish twice since I got it and to be honest, I'm still pretty "meh" about it. I really like the idea of this polish on its own, but I don't find brown polishes enormously flattering on my skin tone. If you're more into the darker shades than I am though, you'll probably really love this! Maybe I'm just sulking because, as you can see, I had to trim down my nails. I got some pretty bad flaking on my middle finger and I didn't want to have one nubby nail so I made them all match. Sigh...

Anyways, I've got no complaints on the formula for this one. I used two coats here. Owl's Night kind of reminds me of an amped up version of China Glaze Wagon Trail; not dupes, just similar ideas. This IS, however, supposed to be pretty much a dupe for Sally Hansen Sequin Scandal, which is getting on the hard-to-find side. Speaking of which, Walgreen's had some old Sally Hansen on clearance yesterday and it was SO hard for me to honor my no-buy, you guys...but I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.