Sunday, October 23, 2011

Essie Power Clutch

I didn't think this day would come. I am in love with an Essie polish...and her name is Power Clutch. If you follow Nailed on a semi-regular basis, you may know I'm not always wild about Essie but I just adore this polish! Power Clutch is part of Essie's Brand New Bag Collection for fall-and it's the only one I picked up from that particular set. The other colors just didn't grab me but I have a weakness for grey polishes, so naturally this one came home with me. Power Clutch is a green-based dark grey and she is a beauty!


(Essie Power Clutch, three coats plus one topcoat)



The Essie brush is starting to grow on me. It's smaller than the Pro-Wide style brushes, but once I got used to it I really like how precise the application is with it. The formula on Power Clutch truly was perfection: silky smooth, great dry time and a surprising amount of shine even without a topcoat, although I threw one on out of habit. The color most definitely reads as dark grey; no near-black here. The subtle dark green undertones are only really visible in low indoor light.


I feel super chic wearing this! I rocked this for almost three days, hence some of the tipwear you see in my pics. Power Clutch has totally made it into my top five greys. I am quite impressed by this polish and I'm glad Essie is starting to step outside the box more often with their color selection. Although I passed on the rest of the Brand New Bag Collection, I was still glad to see it wasn't the usual French manicure shades that make up a lot of Essie's core line.


Is Power Clutch the most unique color ever? No, but it's still a damn good grey so I really love it. Essie die-hards, what colors do I need to try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.