Wednesday, October 12, 2011

OPI Warm and Fozzie

Warm and Fozzie is the second polish I have to show you from OPI's new Muppets Collection. The first I showed you, OPI Rainbow Connection (swatches HERE) is a real stunner and so is Warm and Fozzie. Warm and Fozzie is a copper foil finish with gold, rose gold and bronze microglitter. I think there might be some red or pink somewhere in there too. There's also a yellowy green duochrome to this polish as well. Yes, foil AND duochrome! Awesome, right?!

I didn't have my bottle of Warm and Fozzie handy when I took these pictures so I borrowed my friend's OPI Nail Strenghtener for these shots. Be prepared for many, many pictures of this beauty! I tried to show you it in different lights to capture its many sides.

 (OPI Warm and Fozzie, three coats plus one topcoat)





 And then an indoor shot, with flash, to finish things off...

The formula on Warm and Fozzie is spectacular. I used three coats but you could maybe stick with two if you were so inclined. I really love the complexity of this shade: the blend of multi-colored microglitter, the duochrome, the shine-I could go on. There's a lot of depth to this polish and it changes with the lighting and the angles you look at it from. I like the name too. Sometimes OPI gets a little too punny for my tastes but I think this name is really cute. It makes me think of curling up on a cold winter day.

Basically, Warm and Fozzie is just plain awesome! Think of this as the sophisticated, worldly older sister of Pros & Bronze (swatches HERE). Both have a bronze foil finish with a mix of microglitter but Warm and Fozzie is much smokier and feels more wintery. I love the idea of having summer and winter versions of a polish! I have a feeling this also might be in the same family as Color Club Nouveau Vintage.

Since Warm and Fozzie and Rainbow Connection are two completely different types of polishes, I can't really say which one I like more. I still think Rainbow Connection will be the most popular from this collection, but I see Warm and Fozzie becoming a big favorite too. If you're not a glitter girl, then this may be more your style. However, I think OPI hit a home run with both shades. I can't wait for the rest of my Muppets polishes to arrive!

2 comments:

  1. I love this polish and even purchased 2 bottles of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about getting a back-up since I really love it too. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.