Friday, September 30, 2011

China Glaze Flying Dragon

First off, an apology if my blog posting/timing has been a little sporadic this week. My computer is broken so I've been relying on friends for computer access. Hopefully I'll have a new computer soon though. Schoolwork is a major hassle without one.

Anyways, today I have China Glaze Flying Dragon from the Ink Collection for you. It's a neon purple-y fuchsia with pink and blue glitter mixed in. It dries to a matte satin finish, but I threw some topcoat on top since I think it looks nicer that way.

 (China Glaze Flying Dragon, three? coats plus one topcoat)


I can't remember if this took two or three coats, but I think it was three. I'd been wearing this for about a day and a half and you might notice I already got some tipwear and I had a chip or two on my right hand. Since, as I said, this dries matte, I guess shorter wear time was to be expected.

I'm not sure why but I can't help but be a little let down by this one. See how amazingly bright and loud it is in the bottle? On the nail it leans much more purple and appeared darker. It's still got neon qualities to it but it just wasn't exactly what I expected. I want it to be more like the bottle though! Oh well.

If you don't go into this one with the same expectations of blindly bright neon, pink-tinged fuchsia as I did then I doubt you will be let down. This seems to be one of the more popular colors from the Ink Collection and I can see why; it's pretty unique and I like the unexpected extra kick the glitter gives it. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this color; it just wasn't exactly how I wanted it to be.

What do you think of Flying Dragon? Have you ever had a polish that wasn't quite what you expected it to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.