Friday, September 23, 2011

OPI It's MY Year

Today I've got the last of my OPI Miss Universe polishes to show you. (You can see the other two, Crown Me Already! and Swimsuit...Nailed It! HERE and HERE, respectively.) If you've been following my Miss Universe swatches, then you know I'm crazy about this collection! I got them all except Congeniality Is My Middle Name, because I think it's quite similar to another OPI I already own, The One That Got Away (swatches HERE).

Anyways, this gorgeous polish is It's MY Year, a mauve shade with tons of gold glitter. This type of polish really seems to be having a moment right now. We've seen similar shades like Zoya Faye, OPI Rally Pretty Pink, Orly Rock The World (swatches of that one coming soon), Orly Ingenue, etc. It's MY Year is a purple version of those pink and gold glitter combos.

(OPI It's MY Year, three coats plus one topcoat)

And an indoor shot, for comparison's sake:

This is STUNNING on the nail! While I think this looks gorgeous in all lighting, it really is spectacular outside when the sun's out. I just HAVE to re-swatch this once there's more sunshine outside so you can see it at its best.

I really can't pick a favorite from the Miss Universe polishes because I love them ALL! The formula on this is perfection too, the same as the other Miss Universe polishes I own. I've been wearing this for two days now and while I have a bit of tipwear, there's been no chipping so far. If you don't already have Zoya Faye/OPI Rally Pretty Pink/one of the thousand other versions of this color, in my opinion this is a must-have. GET IT!

2 comments:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.