Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wet N Wild Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire

Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire is a light blue holographic polish. I think it's kick-ass that you can get a holo fix for just two dollars at the grocery or drug store! I swapped some Meijer can return money for this polish, so I'd say it was money well-spent!

 (Wet N Wild Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire, four coats)

The name is pretty cringe-worthy, as are all the names in this particular Wet N Wild collection. They're all TV-themed and full of some Godawful puns. Case and point: Hannah Pinktana? Teal of Fortune? Sa-green-a the Teenage Witch? Buffy the Violet Slayer? *Shudder* It pains me.

But it's forgivable because this polish is pretty darn cool. The formula is on the thick side though and this was a bit of an ass-ache to work with, but nothing TOO miserable. I liked though that I didn't get any chips while wearing this, because holographic polishes aren't exactly known for their long wear. I wore it for about a day and a half with no problems. I did four coats here in order to get complete coverage, but maybe three would have been fine.

In terms of finish, it dries a bit on the dull side but I still wore it without topcoat, because topcoats tend to dull the holographic effect in these types of polishes. I wouldn't say this is a true holo but it has a nice irridescent rainbow shimmer to it and it really comes alive in the sunlight.

P.S. If you're a fellow Allendale gal looking to score, they have this at the Jenison Meijer.

1 comment:

  1. Nice nail polish , fantastic color with shimmering effect. Maybe its color of the millionaire because of the sparkling and shimmering glitters you can see.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.