Thursday, September 15, 2011

OPI Road House Blues

First thing's first: Let's start this post off right.


Much better! Now that we've got a proper soundtrack in place, let's talk OPI!

Like the song, this polish is straight-up sexy. Road House Blues is an indigo creme from the new Touring America collection. Although it's on the darker side, this polish is still visibly purple-hued, not black. I'm wearing a pair of dark wash True Religions today and, over the course of a slow-moving Journalism class, realized this polish was pretty much the same color. Higher education in action!



The formula on this applied like an absolute dream; very creamy and smooth. Although I used two coats for these pictures to cover up a few patches here and there, this is basically opaque with just one. I also wore a base coat underneath because I hear this is a big-time nail stainer, but my Seche Vite base coat solved that problem just fine.

I love Road House Blues! It's sexy, vampy and sophisticated all at the same time. This is definitely one of the polishes to grab from Touring America.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you added the Doors to this post because that's exactly what I thought when I first heard the name of this polish! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have to admit the Doors association is probably the main reason I bought this polish in the first place. Luckily I wound up loving it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.