Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review: Lush Almond & Coconut Smoothie


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiBSigsTsToTuIBek_bclnWJnoKn8XaoGAsREaqZCh0Y4o1bG-D6BrdQKOFmexn3IoA16XSBHEF3hTwdU-kIJqYtPhA7EKe063Qgawna5fsUbUgBCFG3QO4ZnHPwBfOS_LqDb23yBwsyigg/s1600/Lush+Almond+Coconut+Smoothie.jpg

Lush's shower smoothies are like a body wash and body lotion all in one. They not only cleanse your skin, but moisturize and tone it with blends of natural butters and essential oils. I'd been curious to try one for a while and the Almond & Coconut Smoothie sounded too yummy to pass up!

Before I get to anything else I have to talk about the smell...oh my God, the smell! It's like bathing in frosting, with a heavenly mix of vanilla and coconut, topped off with a hint of almond. The smell is sweet, but not overly so. I love "foodie" scents, so this is one of my favorite Lush aromas. I wish it lingered a bit longer after showering, just because I am so crazy about it!

In keeping with the scrumptious desserts the smell brings to mind, the texture feels almost like fresh whipped cream to me. It's very soft and rich, but doesn't leave behind a heavy or greasy residue. A little bit goes a pretty long way, so all you need is a tiny scoop. If you prefer something with a lot of lather, you're probably better off sticking with a shower gel, because the shower smoothies don't really create any bubbles--but they do make your skin feel smooth, hydrated and cleansed.

Although it's a shower smoothie, this also works fabulously in the tub, where all of those wonderful oils and butters can soak into your skin then seep into the hot water afterwards for some extra skin TLC. The salesgirl at Lush said she also uses the shower smoothies for shaving, so I have tried that a couple times and it makes for an amazing shaving cream! The consistency of the smoothies is thick enough to create a protective cushion but not so thick that it'll clog your razor.

Overall, I love the Almond & Coconut Smoothie! It cleans you and makes you smell like a batch of warm, gooey frosted cookies. Honestly, what more could you want?

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.