Friday, December 6, 2013

Born Pretty Blue Flower Nail Stickers: Review & Swatches






I've got some cute blue flower nail stickers to show you today from my favorite one-stop nail art shop, Born Pretty Store! I love nail stickers but I have such a hard time finding a good selection of them in stores, so I was excited to give these a try!

There are about a dozen variations on this same theme (you can see them all HERE), all with different types of flowers. The design I chose, E138, features cherry blossoms. Cherry blossoms are typically associated with Japan, but we have a lot of them here in Michigan too!

I thought these stickers would make for nice accent nails over a light-colored base. I was going for a china pattern look, so I chose Essie Ballet Slippers, a porcelain nude, as my base. It's one of my very favorite "blank canvas" shades and I think it works beautifully with the stickers.



The stickers themselves are nice quality. They're sturdy enough that they don't tear, but still flexible enough that they wrap around the nail easily. I've worn other designs of Born Pretty's nail stickers with topcoat over them before and had no problems, but I think this particular set would work best without. When I put topcoat on, the decals got stiff and a little crinkly. However, if you use a topcoat that's not as thick as my go-to, Seche Vite, then you might not encounter this issue.

Overall, I enjoyed these decals and for just 99 cents, they are very budget-friendly option! You get a nice variety of designs on the sticker sheet and there are more than enough stickers to do a full manicure with them--or several manicures, if you use them as accents like I did.

If you would like to order anything from Born Pretty, they offer 10% off for Nailed readers:

www.bornprettystore.com


Disclosure: This product was provided to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I remember seeing this on Instagram and thinking how lovely the flowers looked over the base! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, Chelsea! I love your choice to go simple with them. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.