Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: MAC Fluid

This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is "something borrowed." I'd been meaning to ask one of my friends if I could borrow a polish from her for this challenge, but when I saw her last week, it completely slipped my mind and now here we are. Eeeep!

So the polish I chose technically isn't borrowed, but it did used to belong to someone else, so that kinda counts...yes? Not really, but humor me. A while back, a girl at work brought in a bag of polishes she didn't use anymore, with a note saying that anyone who wanted something from the bag was free to take it. MAC Fluid caught my eye, so it came home with me that day!

Fluid is a rose-tinted shade of bronze. I searched online and found next to nothing about this polish, so unfortunately I have no idea when it was originally released. The more I look at Fluid, the more I think it's actually a little grandma-y (gotta be careful with those roses and mauves), but it does have a very pretty glow to it!



I only have one MAC polish (the ridiculously beautiful Bad Fairy) in my collection because in general, I'm not all that impressed with their polishes. I think that given that the bottles are pretty small and the colors usually aren't the most original, they're overpriced. I do have to say though that Fluid applied beautifully. It's a little brushstroke-y but otherwise it's got a top-notch formula. I used two coats here.

Be sure to check out what my fellow Twinsies are up to this week! And I'd be curious to hear your take on Fluid in the comments section: granny color or no?

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra

7 comments:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.