Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: Holiday Gift

Nothing says "holiday season" like torturing your friends with nail art challenges. At least, that was our rationale for this week's Twinsie Tuesday theme, holiday gift. This week, we were paired up with a fellow Twinsie and gave each other "gifts" of assignments that would stretch their talents and challenge them. My partner was Lakeisha, who had me do a gradient mani. (Be sure to head over to Lakeisha's blog to see what I challenged her to do. Warning: I was pretty evil. Muahahahaha... Sorry, Lakeisha!)

I've never tried a gradient before, so I kept mine pretty simple with two colors. I love the way textured gradients in particular look and I thought that might be fun to try. So my two polishes were OPI Solitaire and Julie G Blueberry Fizz. I think they look nice and winter-y together!



I wasn't sure if I'd be any good at a gradient (with me and nail art, complete and utter failure is always a potential outcome) but I'm actually really proud of how this mani turned out! I've dubbed them my "ice princess" nails. :)

I had accidentally posted this manicure a week early, so whether this is your first or second time seeing it, I hope you like it! Be sure to check out what my other Twinsies have gifted each other this week!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra

19 comments:

  1. Uhhh you're a bit early with this :P Gorgeous mani though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that was my mistake! Wah waaahhhhhhhh. :)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the textured gradient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice princess is a great description! You have to be lying about this being your first gradient because it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lakeisha! :) I swear, I've never tried one before! I think using textured polish actually made it a little easier. I felt like it was easier to sponge on.

      Delete
  4. This is simply fantastic! Well done, Chelsea!! And I looove the Julie G. on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Amanda! Couldn't have done it w/o you giving me that gorgeous Julie G! :) It really is a beautiful polish!

      Delete
  5. Nice gradient! Perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! I was in a very winter-y mood when I made it. :)

      Delete
  6. These are beautiful as a gradient together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I'm really happy with how they turned out together!

      Delete
  7. First gradient? FOR SERIOUS?! Chelsea, these are gorgeous!! Beautiful combination, and you did a fantastic job. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.