Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: China Glaze Beyond Brocade Nail Wraps

This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is "something blue." Along with green, blue is my favorite polish color, so I had plenty to choose from! In the end, I decided to go with something a bit different and bust out some blue nail wraps from China Glaze.

China Glaze did a pretty poor job of advertising these, because I had no idea they even made nail wraps until I saw a whole rack of them on clearance at Sally Beauty a while back. They were really cheap (like, a dollar per set cheap), so even though I'd never tried them or heard anything about them, I was willing to take the gamble when the price was that low. I picked up three different designs, one of which was Beyond Brocade, a blue and white brocade pattern. At least, they looked blue in the packaging. But once I put them on my nails, they took on almost an indigo sort of hue to them. Close enough though, right?




Like Sally Hansen and Incoco, CG's wraps are made with actual nail polish, so they have a very thin, flexible feel to them as opposed to a sticker. They are extremely easy to work with and I was able to apply them without any creases or bubbles. Love it! 

The instructions suggested wearing these with topcoat, but I didn't want to put one as thick as Seche on top, so I used some of Jior Couture's topcoat. Other than some visible tipwear, these are still going strong after four days of wear with no tearing or peeling. It's a shame these didn't get more attention, because they really are excellent quality. I am excited to try out the other two sets I got!

Given how much I love blue polish, I'm looking forward to seeing what my Twinsies did for their blue nails today! I'm sure I won't be getting out of this one without at least a few new lemmings.

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra

7 comments:

  1. I had no idea they made wraps either. Very pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea either! (in fairness we don't have china glaze here so it's not hugely surprising haha) I love the design though. A lot nicer than the ones other brands have popped out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty!! I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These wraps look great on you! I really like the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I really like those! I agree, it's a giant shame they did such a poor job advertising these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, I had no idea CG made Nail Wraps either. The design is pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pattern is so detailed on these! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.