Monday, December 2, 2013

Butter London Fairy Lights

Butter London Fairy Lights is a rosy pink chrome. It's a rather unique color, although I'm not convinced it's the most flattering shade on me in particular. But objectively, I think it's very pretty and you gotta love the mirror-like shine it gives off!



Like most chromes, Fairy Lights has a tendency to draw attention to any bumps or imperfections on the surface of the nail, so I did experience some little dents and bubbles here and there. It's annoying but as I mentioned, it's more of an issue with chromes in general than something unique to Fairy Lights. Application was extremely smooth, with no dragging or streaking. This is two coats.

I would be curious to see if application is better or worse with a basecoat. I find some chromes, like Essie's Mirror Metallics, generally work better without, while others need that extra layer between the nail and the polish itself to help minimize bumps and dents.

Do you have a favorite basecoat to use with chromes? I'd love to hear your suggestions in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I use Instant Artificials (pink bottle) first, and then I add a coat of Gelous. To be fair, I haven't worn a true chrome in a while! Maybe I'll have to experiment and follow up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Gelous! I hear a lot of good stuff about it. I'm not familiar with Instant Artificials, so I'll have to check that out! I don't wear true chromes a ton either, but I might be more inclined to if I could find a good basecoat. I'm looking forward to seeing the special chrome polish and basecoat OPI is doing for the Gwen Stefani collection!

      Delete
  2. This chrome is lovely! Hmm I need to experiment more with chromes and using different or no base...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.