Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twinsie Tuesday: OPI Live And Let Die

If you've been following the last couple TT posts, then you might have been able to guess this week's theme: something old. The polish I chose, OPI Live and Let Die, isn't exactly ancient but it's been sitting in my untrieds for over a year now, so I figure it's time this one had its moment. It's pretty much impossible for me to look at this polish without hearing the iconic theme song from the movie in my head...and remembering what a bitch and a half the violin part was to get so frustrated with that I'd decide "Eff this, I'll silently mime along for the rest of the song" play back in my high school orchestra days.

Going back to the polish itself, Live And Let Die is a very dark, blue-based green with gold shimmer. This is a shade that really looks best in direct sunlight, but seeing as we're in the middle of a snowstorm (and have been for pretty much the past week and a half), I couldn't snap any outdoor pics. Sadness. :( So I apologize that this swatch doesn't do Live And Let Die full justice.


Sorry if the edges look a little messy. I used this polish as a base for my Christmas manicure, so I didn't do much clean-up in between. Anywho, the formula is excellent and virtually a one-coater. I used two here just to get everything nice and even.

Be sure to take a look at what my Twinsies did for their "something old" manis today. If you celebrate, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! I'll see you after the holiday!

Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Traci at DrinkCitra

8 comments:

  1. I have the mini version of this and I love it! Great choice for this post (the shimmer is a nightmare and a half to capture on camera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I don't really remember this shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish is so gorgeous!!
    Have a fantastically (spelling? :O) amazing and happy merry Christmas! <3 :D!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.