Monday, August 29, 2011

Zoya Phoebe

I needed something quick-drying today so I could get to class on time (wouldn't wanna be late on the first day!). I went with Zoya Phoebe, a matte electric blue. I like the contrast of a vibrant neon with the flatness of a matte finish.


Formula on this was good, not unruly or overly thick like with some mattes. I did three coats here. But being a matte finish, Phoebe doesn't have a lot of longevity. I'd only been wearing it for a few hours and I already had some little chips and dents around my tips. But that's kind of what I expect from mattes; you can't seal it with a topcoat if you want to preserve the finish, so that, coupled with the different formula, will inevitably result in shorter wear.

However, Phoebe actually looks really cool with a topcoat! I wore her matte today but I thought I'd show you how she is with one coat of Seche Vite. The matte particles create a noticeable sparkle once you add topcoat. I like it both with and without!



Phoebe is definitely a really nice shade and the Zoya mattes are a good place to start if you've never played around with this type of finish before; fun colors and a manageable formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.