Friday, August 19, 2011

Revlon Carbonite

Last week I showed you Sally Hansen Barracuda, a dupe for Chanel Riva. Today I have yet another Chanel dupe for you! This one is Carbonite, Revlon's version of Chanel Graphite. This is not the first time Revlon has put out a color to match the latest buzzworthy Chanel shade; you may also recall Perplex, a dupe for Chanel Paradoxical and Black With Envy, their version of Chanel Black Pearl.


Graphite is a dark silver with some flecks of gold and a near-foil finish. While Carbonite doesn't have that subtle gold in it, it's still pretty darn close to Graphite.

(Revlon Carbonite, two coats)

Carbonite lacks some of the depth of color Graphite has, but I'd say they're definite dupes. And at just $4 for the Revlon, I really can't complain about whatever minute differences the two may have; they're close enough for me. :) I'm glad Revlon put this out because I was starting to waver on my decision not to buy Graphite. What can I say? Chanel makes some amazing colors for some not-so-amazing prices.

But since I can't leave well-enough alone, I decided to add a coat of gold glitter on top to try and mimic some of that extra warmth Graphite has. I think it turned out pretty well. Here's Carbonite with one coat of Sinful Colors All About You. (Sorry for the messiness around the edges! I was in a rush!)


Carbonite is a bit harder to find than your typical Revlon shade and people will likely be snapping this up since it's a known Chanel dupe. When I got mine at the store, it was on its own display shelf away from the rest of the Revlon. Keep your eyes open for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.