Monday, August 8, 2011

Nicole by OPI Gold Texture

I'd been wondering for a while when OPI would inevitably introduce a gold shatter to go along with the current shatter/crackle/texture craze going on right now. So I was pleasantly unsurprised when I saw the new Nicole by OPI shatters at Meijer the other day. I'm not sure why OPI is calling these "texture coats" instead of shatters-they apparently have the exact same formula as the regular OPI shatters, just with a different name and a slightly lower price-but I'm not complaining.

I didn't have the bottle handy, so I made do with a classic pose. I give you: THE CLAW.

Nicole by OPI Gold Texture over OPI Quarter of a Cent-Cherry


The formula on Gold Texture was really great. This picture doesn't do justice to how shiny and sparkly it is! As much as I like OPI Silver Shatter, I can't always get it to crackle as much as some of the non-metallic ones. But I didn't have that problem with Gold Texture. Definitely snap this one up if you can't wait for the regular OPI one or if you can't get your hands on one of the China Glaze medallion crackles, which are great too.

Also, if you're looking for a classic, one-coat red, check out OPI Quarter of a Cent-Cherry! I used two for my base coat here, but it's practically opaque with just one. Normally I consider red polish kind of hum-drum, but this is a great shade to use when you need a last-minute, can't-be-bothered mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.