Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How To Remove Glitter Polish--The Easy Way!

A little while back I showed you Milani FX Gems. While I love glitter polishes like this one, I used to wear them less than I would have liked because of what a royal pain they are to remove. Glitter polishes are notoriously gritty and tough to take off your nails. I always dreaded the long, annoying process of trying to wipe off all that stubborn glitter with a cotton ball. But thankfully I discovered the foil method on the Internet!

Here's how I removed my Milani FX Gems manicure. This will work with any glitter polish and save you from having to scrub all those sparkles off.


You will need:
  • Nail polish remover (preferably acetone-based, but if you have dry nails, you should probably stick to acetone-free)
  • Cotton rounds
  • Scissors
  • Aluminum foil
  • Cuticle moisturizer

Step 1: Cut five cotton rounds in half.


Step 2: Soak one cotton round in nail polish remover and then wrap it around your nail like so:


Step 3: Wrap a strip of aluminum foil around your finger to keep the cotton round in place and pressed up against your nail. Repeat steps two and three with the rest of your hand. It should look something like this when you're all done:


Step 4: Wait around five minutes. Read a book, go on the computer, watch TV or relax however you like. Once time is up, remove the foil and the cotton rounds. The wet cotton round will have absorbed the majority of the glitter. If you still have a few glitter pieces here and there on your nail, it should easily rub right off.

Step 5: Rinse your hands to remove all the acetone and then moisturize your nails right after. Exposing them to acetone for this long WILL dry them out, so use this method with care and make sure not to skip this last step!

1 comment:

  1. WOW I have never heard about this but I will try it because that seems like the best cure to my problems!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.