Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dr.'s Remedy: Swatches & Review







Today I've got some goodies from Dr.'s Remedy to share with you guys! I've heard of the brand before but have never had a chance to try anything from it, so I was pumped to test out their products and share some impressions.

One of the big differences with the Dr.'s Remedy brand is that all of their polishes are podiatrist-formulated and infused with ingredients that are meant to help strengthen and protect your nails, like Wheat Protein, tea tree oil and Vitamins C and E. Their products are all formulated without formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, pthalates or DBP.

First up we have SINCERE Snow, a pearly white with dense gold shimmer. The shimmer has a slight pink shift to it that adds yet another dimension to this already stunning polish. I really fell in love! I was worried it would be really sheer, but it's so unlike what I normally wear that I just had to try it out. Thankfully, it turned out to be nice and opaque! I used three coats in total.

I took waaaayyyy too many pictures of this, yet I still didn't feel like I fully captured how pretty the shimmer truly is in person. If you even remotely like white polishes, get this one!






Then we've got BALANCE Brick Red, a vampy maroon creme. This one was a bit patchy going on but otherwise application didn't give me any trouble. I used three coats here.



I also received a bottle of TOTAL, Dr.'s Remedy's two-in-one base and top coat. TOTAL is infused with biotin, ginseng and kale for hydration and strength, as well as all of the other beneficial ingredients you'll find in Dr.'s Remedy's colored polishes.



I am typically not a huge fan of combo base and top coats, as I find a lot of them bubble when used as top coats. I don't know why this is, but it's an issue I keep running into. I experienced some bubbling when I applied TOTAL over BALANCE (you can especially see it on my ring finger in the swatches above), but none with SINCERE. It does not bubble at all as a base, only when worn as top coat.

Dry time is okay. It dries pretty fast as a base, but it took a longer than I would like for it to completely harden when worn over polish. I painted on BALANCE before making a run to the mall and as I was putting my keys into my purse after an approximately 20 minute car ride, I dented the polish on two of my nails. :( However, I will say that the consistency is wonderful going on and it does give a very nice shine.

I would definitely recommend TOTAL as a base coat or as a wear-alone protective clear coat, as I love that it's got added nail care ingredients and it didn't give me any issues as a base. But as a top coat, I just didn't care for it.

Overall, I don't think it comes as a surprise that my favorite of the bunch is SINCERE! Do check that one out if you like white/champagne-colored polishes. It's unlike anything else I own and I absolutely adore it!

You can purchase Dr.'s Remedy from their website.


Disclosure: These products were provided for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.