Saturday, August 15, 2015

Born Pretty Cuticle Tattoos: Review & Swatches

 

You might have noticed that temporary tattoos are making a bit of a fashion comeback lately. I see a lot of pictures on Instagram of people sporting fancy temporary tattoos at the beach, festivals, etc. So why not let your nails join in on the fun with cuticle tattoos?

These little temporary tattoos are a fun way to frame your cuticles or decorate your hands. You can use them to complement--or in place of--nail art. When I saw these on Born Pretty, I thought they'd be really fun to play around with for summer!

BP has a couple different tattoo designs available. The one I chose is NCT-001.


Applying these works just like any other temporary tattoo: press it against your skin using a wet washcloth or paper towel, then peel off the backing after about 30 seconds. I found (after some initial failed attempts) that the easiest way to place these is to cut out the design with as little excess paper around it as possible. Cut so that you can see where the point and the curve of the design fall, rather than just cutting a square. This will help you make sure the design is applied straight and close to your cuticle.

It took a couple practice nails for me to fully get the feel of how to apply these right along my cuticle line, but once I got the hang of it, it was super easy and fast. I thought I'd dress up my Orly Cake Pop mani with these. I think it looks pretty cool!



Like any other temporary tattoo, longevity is not the best. These are pretty much a one night only affair, so you'll want to save them for a special occasion. I was hanging out with a couple friends, so I thought that'd be a good time to bust these out. I got a lot of questions and comments about them!

I do wish they wore longer, but I suppose that's just the nature of the beast. Otherwise, I had a lot of fun with these and they were perfect for a day out!

If you would like to purchase anything from Born Pretty, they offer 10% off for Nailed readers:

www.bornprettystore.com


Disclosure: This product was provided for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

4 comments:

  1. I've been seeing some reviews and photos of these. I was wondering how they wore. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything over a day but I was wondering if they break when you flex/move your knuckle (the one closest to the nailbed). Do they float off if you wash your hands throughout the day? They look like a fun thing to wear for going out for a meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried they'd slide around or peel off with hand washing, but I didn't have any issues there. They do however, crack throughout the day as you flex your hands and they peel as your hands rub up against stuff. but you're right, they're fun for a special day out!

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.