Monday, January 2, 2012

OPI Fly

Hey all! I hope your 2012 is off to a good start so far. I worked on New Year's Day yesterday and the store was completely dead the whole day! I guess people are still recovering from the night before haha.
Anyways, to start things off, I thought I'd let you know that all this week I'll be one of the bloggers participating in Blogger Love Week over on Fierce Makeup and Nails, run by the wonderful Nory.


Myself and several other polish bloggers will be answering some nail questions so it should be a fun chance to get to know some of us lacquerheads a little better! I hope you'll check it out to see what all the girls involved have to say and I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's responses as well!

Now, for today's manicure I've got another OPI Nicki Minaj polish. This one is Fly, a teal creme.




The formula on Fly is just perfect. I did two smooth, easy coats here. I still think Did It On 'Em (which you can see HERE if you like) is my favorite of the Nicki Minaj cremes but this would be a close second. I can't think of any dupes for this offhand and I don't have anything in my stash quite like this. I tried to do a little research in the blogosphere to see if anyone out there had found a dupe for this and it seems Fly is more unique than first glance might suggest; all the comparisons I saw showed potential dupes were either too blue or too green to match Fly. It's kind of an in-between shade.

I really like this polish overall. It's bright, fresh and fun. Why does every polish I wear lately make me think of warm weather?! It must be the disgusting hail/sleet/rain mixture that we had here the other day. Ugh... Regardless, I can see Fly becoming one of those polishes I reach for when I want a quick and easy splash of color. I think it would flatter a variety of skintones too!

6 comments:

  1. I must have this polish!!! I am such a sucker for these kinds of colors! Looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one. Love, love, love it. And I didn't think I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this polish on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Polish and Charms: Thank you! I'm also an automatic lover of anything blue/teal so I know what you mean.

    @MariJo: Glad you like it-I like it too, of course. :) It's definitely a really fun color. I got lots of compliments on at work today so I guess other people feel the same way too!

    @Nory: Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty polish color! I love teals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fingers: Me too! I'm always drawn to them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.