Sunday, February 15, 2015

Essie Just Stitched

This is one of the shades I was most looking forward to from Essie's Cashmere Matte Collection. Just Stitched is a baby pink satin with iridescent blue shimmer. Comfy In Cashmere looked kinda blah with my skintone, but this? This I like! It's so clean and pretty. I feel like a ballerina when I wear it. :)




I expected the formula on this to be a bit problematic--you know how temperamental pastel pinks can be--but it was surprisingly nice. It was noticeably smoother than Comfy In Cashmere and much easier to apply. I used three coats here. Weartime was respectable too, especially when you take into account that I didn't apply topcoat. I wore this for three days until I got a big ol' chip on my right index finger, but prior to that, I didn't even have any real tipwear!

Just Stitched has got to be one of my favorite Essie polishes in a while. Yep, file this one under "instant classic" cuz it is all kinds of gorgeous! I love the color and the satin finish together; really puts a contemporary spin on pastel pink polish. It looks like pink porcelain--so smooth with a soft glow to it. The lighter base color also allows the shimmer to come through, even without topcoat. I honestly didn't have the heart to try this one with topcoat. I think the satin finish is a big part of what makes Just Stitched so interesting!

7 comments:

  1. This collection is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a wonderful set of polishes? My favorite Essie collection in a long time!

      Delete
  2. Great to hear that the formula was nice on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping the rest are just as good!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting this polish since I first saw it. Your review just tipped me over to actually getting it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.