Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday: Deborah Lippmann I'm Not Innocent

We're keeping it simple for this week's Twinsie Tuesday with a minimalistic theme. To me, minimalistic means a palette-cleansing, blank canvas kind of shade, so I chose Deborah Lippmann I'm Not Innocent, a peachy nude creme.

This is apparently a more obscure Lippmann. I don't see it talked about a lot online. But it's a beautiful, clean nude that would look especially nice on tan skin. Even if you're not tan, the contrast helps create the appearance that you are!


While the color is lovely, the formula was not the greatest. It's thin and pretty streaky, leaving noticeable bald patches that you have to work to even out. It also doesn't self-level well, so by trying to cover the bald spots, you can inadvertently create lumps. Couple all those issues with the fact that my bottle of top coat is on its last legs and you get a total nail nightmare. So I'm really sorry if the application here doesn't look the best. I love the color, but hate the formula...

Who knew a minimalistic mani could be so difficult?! Hopefully my Twinsies had better luck!


Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Anna at Going to the Showing
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision

3 comments:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.