Monday, November 17, 2014

Review: Glitter Gone Ready Packs






If you're a fan of glitter manis, chances are you've used the foil removal method at some point. (If you've never heard of it, fear not--I'll go into more depth in just a bit!) It's a lifesaver but I gotta admit: Sometimes I find it to be a real hassle to cut up all the foil and I hate having to pick off all the linty bits the cotton balls leave behind. So what if there was an even easier way to take off glitter manis?

Well, Holly from Willow Lux Creations has the solution: Glitter Gone Ready Packs! Each pack contains 10 pre-cut pieces of aluminum foil and 10 felt squares. The packs come in 3"x4" bags, making them easy to store at home or travel with on the go.


While felt and foil are readily available materials and you could, in theory, makes these packs up yourself, what I appreciate about the Glitter Gone Ready Packs is the speed and convenience. The felt and foil are pre-cut to the perfect size, so everything is ready to go--no cutting and no guesswork required. You just open up the bag and get to it! At $10 for a set of 10 packs, they're also reasonably priced. So to me, the time and effort you save are worth it.

Before we go any further, if you're unfamiliar with the foil method, here's the gist, as promised: You start by wetting the felt with polish remover of your choice. (I personally use Zoya Remove Plus, but any kind will work.) Press the felt against your fingernail, then wrap your finger using a piece of foil, to keep the felt in place. Repeat this for all five fingers, doing one hand at a time. It should look like this:


Let everything soak for 5-10 minutes before removing. Press down on your nail as you slide the felt off. If there is any remaining glitter on or around the nail, you can easily wipe it away with the felt.

I've used the foil method many times, but it's always been with cotton. I've heard people rave about how much better felt works, so I was excited to try it and see the difference for myself. I gotta say, I will never go back to doing the foil method with cotton balls or pads again. The felt is sooooo much easier!

There are a couple of advantages to using felt that I noticed. First, the felt is a lot easier to saturate with polish remover, so you don't need as much of it--just a pump of Remove Plus did the job for me--to get the felt nice and soaked. Felt is also scrubbier than cotton, so if you do happen to have any stubborn stray glitter pieces, they're much easier to wipe away than with a cotton ball. But the best part is that felt doesn't get all linty and clingy like cotton does, plus it just takes off the glitter better, plain and simple! And in case you were wondering, although the Glitter Gone Ready Packs use colored felt, (Holly offers a variety of colors to choose from on her site too) there wasn't any staining or dye transfer from the felt to my nails.

I loved how convenient the Glitter Gone Ready Pack was to use and it worked flawlessly too! These little packs are such great time-savers. If you're a glitter gal on-the-go, definitely check them out!

You can purchase the Glitter Gone Ready Packs HERE.


Disclosure: This product was sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I'll have to give this a try! I never tried that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that it worked out well for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.