Sunday, November 2, 2014

Review: Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl Hand Cream

 
I hate the feeling of dry hands--absolutely hate it. But it's tough for me to find hand creams that offer adequate moisture without leaving behind a thick, greasy residue. So today I thought I'd talk about one of my favorites: Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl.

Rich Girl is formulated with shea butter, avocado oil and jojoba oil for hydration, as well as antioxidant-rich grapefruit and algae extracts. But perhaps one of the most noteworthy aspects of Rich Girl is the fact that it has an SPF of 25. We all know the importance of wearing sunscreen on our face, but it's easy to forget about your hands and how frequently we expose them to the sun too--even incidental exposure like the sunlight coming through the car window as you're driving. Most hand creams don't have any SPF and so I love that Rich Girl does!

Another unique thing about Rich Girl is the cap. Rather than a traditional flip cap, Rich Girl has a twist top, so you can easily open it up without ruining your manicure. It's a pretty ingenious concept for us nail gals, but the execution leaves a bit to be desired. Any time you twist the top back to the closed position, it pushes a little more product out. You can just take this into account when you're determining how much cream to dispense initially, but it's still an annoying--and potentially wasteful--design flaw. And really, on principle, a hand cream that costs as much as Rich Girl does shouldn't have any packaging problems.

There is a light floral scent to this cream. I don't find it unpleasant or overpowering, but I would personally prefer if it was unscented. On a day-to-day basis, I am usually wearing perfume and/or body lotion that has its own scent and I don't want my hand cream to mask or alter whatever fragrance I already have on. As I mentioned, the fragrance is not heavy, so it's not a deal breaker for me, but it's worth noting.

But those issues aside, Rich Girl does get a lot right. As the name implies, it is a very luxurious cream. But rich doesn't have to mean greasy. While just a little dab of Rich Girl will go a long way, (A pearl-sized amount is typically about all I use at a time) my skin drinks it right up. At first it always looks like the cream isn't going to sink in as I spread it across my hands, but then it just melts away, leaving my hands feeling luxuriously smooth, supple and protected. It makes a fantastic cuticle cream as well, so this really is a treat for all of your hands.

Rich Girl comes in a 3 oz size for $28. The asking price may be high, but that tube will last you a surprisingly long time. You need such a small amount of product and it hydrates for hours. She ain't cheap, but Rich Girl delivers!

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.