Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Twinsie Tuesday: OPI An Affair In Red Square

We're matching our nails to our cars for Twinsie Tuesday today! I remember that we did this theme three(!) years ago, back when I had my grey Ford Fiesta. I loved that car, but the lease ran out, so now I drive a red Ford Focus. I forgot to take a picture of it today while it was still light out, so here is a glorious stock photo for you all:


So I needed a good metallic red for this. I went with one of OPI's many classic reds, An Affair In Red Square. It looks a smidge brighter in these photos than it is in real life (I blame my lamp), so it doesn't look like as close of a match as it actually is.







Not too much I can say about this one. It's super pretty and glow-y, don't get me wrong, but it's not an exceptionally unique color. I'll admit I mostly got it for the name. One of my majors in college was Slavics and I've always been fascinated by Russian culture.


To spice this post up a little bit, I thought I'd be fun to share a couple of my pictures from the actual Red Square. I studied abroad in Russia back in college and while the majority of it was spent in St. Petersburg, I did stay in Moscow for a few days.

There's St. Basil's Cathedral, arguably the most iconic building in not only the Red Square, but all of Russia.


Then to your right from here is Lenin's tomb.


Behind the tomb is the Moscow Kremlin, the official residence of the Russian President. Kremlin is just the Russian word for "fortress," so there are actually many kremlins throughout Russia. But when people refer to the Kremlin, this is typically where they're referring to.

And then to your left from St. Basil's is a huge shopping mall.


Anyways, I could easily talk about Russia and show you my pictures of it all day long, but that's all for today. :) I hope you didn't mind the little diversion. Be sure to check out my Twinsies' blogs below!


Alaina at The Little Canvas

Amanda at Amandalandish

Amanda at Fashion Footing

Amber at Nails Like Lace

Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog

Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished


Marisa at Polish Obsession

Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les

Savannah at Addicted to Polish

6 comments:

  1. I have this OPI but never wore it - you've inspired me to whip it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice red to go with the car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This OPI is gorgeous! I debated a Focus when we bought our car, I've driven one before and it was really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty red! Love the metallic look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OPI reds are the best, no doubt, and this looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.