Friday, June 6, 2014

Review: Butter London Rock Off Glycolic Callus Peel


Now that we're FINALLY on the verge of sandal weather, I figured it was time to try and whip my feet back into shape! My feet don't get extremely dry or cracked, but they can get a little rough and I do develop calluses on my heels and big toes. With it's promises to make hard skin simply "melt away," Butter London's Rock Off Glycolic Callus Peel sounded like just the thing I needed! I was really excited and chrious to try this, but I've used it a couple times now and well...the results were less than spectacular.

The premise is a pretty ingenius one: a roll-on Glycolic peel that you just apply to the areas you want to target, let it soak for a few minutes, then just buff the hard skin away with a file. The applicator tip is just like what you'd find on a perfume rollerball, so it's really easy to apply the peel liquid right where you want it.


Once it's on, you let the liquid soak for 3-5 minutes, then file away. I had visions of all the hard skin practically molting off my feet, leaving behind baby soft skin, but that didn't exactly happen. While I did see some dead skin coming off with the file, my calluses weren't going anywhere and my feet only felt marginally smoother afterwards. It didn't seem to be penetrating into the deeper layers of my skin at all, like it was just sitting on top. I didn't really notice any difference between applying the peel and them filing versus just using the file alone. I've tried this peel several times now, hoping to somehow achieve better results, but I was always left feeling underwhelmed.

So overall, I unfortunately was not too impressed with this. Rock Off is normally priced at $30 and while I got it on sale for half off, I still don't think it's worth that price. I say save your money and skip this.

Have you tried Rock Off before? What were your results like? I'm holding on to hope that there is some kind if weird trick with this product that I am just not getting!

5 comments:

  1. Disappointing! So, this product didn't work well, but is there a similar product that does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the Ped Egg and that's good at removing rough skin but I haven't tried an actual callus remover that I really like. I hear really good things about this product called Pretty Feet (you can find it on Amazon) so that's what I'll probably try next!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried anything like this before! I'm quite lucky with my feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first kind trying any type of foot peel, but I'm hoping there are others out there that work better than this!

      Delete
  3. Aw that's too bad. I'm glad you didn't pay the full price for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.