Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Essie Who Is The Boss







Essie Who Is The Boss is a greyed-out seafoam green. By that description alone, longtime readers should be able to guess that I love this color! Who Is The Boss, which was provided for me to try by etailer Beyond Polish, came out in Essie's 2011 Wedding Collection. It's kind of an unusual choice for the brand, as most of their bridal offerings are pinks and reds. I love me an unconventional polish and I especially adore greens, so this was a total winner for me.


The formula is streaky but self-levels fairly well. It took three to four coats to reach opacity on all of my nails. I wore this polish for four days, which is virtually a lifetime by my standards, but I really loved this color! The pictures you see here were actually taken on day four, so you can see it held up extremely well. I didn't have any chips and there was only very minimal tip wear.

The color itself reminds me of my boyfriend's 1977 Volkswagen bus. It's a rustbucket, but damn if it isn't fun to ride in. Currently it's sitting in storage (not a car that can survive in winter, plus my boyfriend has been overseas on study abroad since August) but I found some old shots from my phone to share.


The first owner took out the backseats to allow room for surfboards, then the second owner (the last person to own the car before my boyfriend) installed a bed...because hippies.





But I digress. I tend to wear a lot of Essie during springtime because they have so many great pastels and softer shades. Who Is The Boss is a prime example and I know it's a shade I'll be reaching for a lot this season!


Disclosure: This polish was provided to me for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1 comment:

I love reading all of your comments! Please do not post any unsolicited advertising, links, etc. All comments with links will be deleted.